How to Remove Search Plugins in Firefox
Search Plugin's in firefox are a pretty cool feature, especially since they are so easy to make. However if you want to remove an installed search plugin I can't find any way to do this inside firefox. It should be in the extensions manager, or something like it.
You can remove them manually by going to your Firefox program directory, eg:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ and deleting the
.gif files located in the
searchplugins sub folder.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
How to Remove Search Plugins in Firefox was first published on April 08, 2005.
If you like reading about firefox, search, searchplugins, or mozilla then you might also like:
- Bookmarklets and Search Plugins for javadocs.org
- Geolocation API for Adobe AIR?
- FireFox 188.8.131.52
- The Proper Content Type for XML Feeds
- GreaseMonkey User Scripts
- Firefox Tip: Begin Finding when you begin typing
- Objection - Firefox Extension for removing Local Shared Objects
- Blocking Mozilla / Google Prefetch