Here's my tip for the day. If you have a choice in using either the
cfsilent tag, or
cfsetting enablecfoutputonly="true" use
- Easier to type
- Easier to read
enablecfoutputonlygets very messy when used across
There are probably some cases where using
enablecfoutputonly makes sense, but in most cases I think you will find that
cfsilent works well, and yields much cleaner code.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
Use CFSILENT was first published on February 07, 2006.
If you like reading about coldfusion, cfml, tips, cfsilent, or cfsetting then you might also like:
- 6 Tags for ColdFusion beginners
- Regular Expressions with ColdFusion - a Howto Guide
- URL Safe Base64 Encoding / Decoding in CFML
- Using Hashicorp Vault with ColdFusion
- CFML Left and Right Functions can Accept Negative Counts
- Dumping HTTP Servlet Request Attributes and Parameters in CF
- 6 ways to stay connected with other CF developers
- ColdFusion Function Arguments now support Integer
The FuseGuard Web Application Firewall for ColdFusion & CFML is a high performance, customizable engine that blocks various attacks against your ColdFusion applications.